Four reasons why applicant fail to get into Medicine school in TurkeyAdeeb Saadeh
94 public and foundation(private) universities in Turkey offer the program of Medicine in English or in Turkish, where around 85000 thousand students are studying medicine and around 15500 accepted yearly.
To study Medicine in Turkey, you must have.
- A high school diploma above 70/100, or any other international exams like SAT, IB … Etc. You can check the admission minimum scores from the admission requirement in each university program page. With such a diploma, you can enter Medical schools in Turkey directly from high school.
** you can apply and get a conditional acceptance letter without the diploma, the diploma to be provided by the end of G12 year **
- You need to submit G10, G11, and G12 transcripts
- Passport copy
- 1 photograph
- Intention letter (some universities do not request)
- Recommendation letter (some universities do not request.
Applying to Medicine Schools in Turkey could be to one of 67 public universities or one of 27 foundation universities. Public universities, in general, asking for the entrance exam (YOS), where foundations university accept the application on a Diploma basis
Facts about Medical Schools in Turkey
- You have to know that the competition for medical school admissions in Public Universities is ferocious, and each university has an admission application date different than the other. In addition to the entrance exam. If you are interested in any state university, you have to follow their website for the admission date and the YOS exam date. You may need to need to travel for the exam.
- For public Universities, the students applying around the world will be competing for few seats in the Medical Schools as per the quota (for some universities, it does not exceed five international students).
- In Foundation Universities, the acceptance rate is higher, mainly if you apply early (most foundation universities applications date start from Jan onward)
- Apply for as many universities as you want but Don’t submit a primary application to a school if you’re not willing to follow through,
Medical school applicants feel confused and stressed due to their worries about getting accepted into an excellent Medical School. There’s a lot on the line when applying to medical school. The Medical School had rejected too many applications. The applicant did not know what they should do or what they did wrong. However, the rejection is part of the process, though don’t worry and try to avoid the below four reasons to avoid rejection.
Don’t Apply to a narrow range of Medical Schools.
Well, some factors limit your choices when applying either your budget or your academic achievements (score in SAT, MCAT. IB, or any other qualified exams) or even the destination of the medical school (Europe, Canada, USA, or Turkey). It is not wrong to target the sky in picking and applying to your dream school, chose the best ten or hundred universities in the world. At the same time, we are advising the student to be realistic and apply for other universities as well,
If you have a good score in high school, in SAT, in IB, or another international exam, Don’t fall into the trap of everyone and think that you are the exception to the rule. I hate to break it to you; you’re the rule, not the exception. You have to avoid applying only to few universities and keep your options open.
Submitting poorly composed documents
Submitting poorly scanned, missing, or composed written documents will not help get acceptance from medical school. Ensure to have the following done, probably.
- All your submitting documents should be in English or Turkish.
- The passport copy, Photograph, a high school diploma with an average above 701/100 and G12, G11, a and G11 transcripts make sure to scan the documents in a good way and avoid the mobile low-quality camera.
- Intention letter will be the secret entrance key for some medical schools in Turkey. Medical school retention ratesare a severe concern when applicants are admitted. You have to convince them with your commitment and dedication to stay in medical school despite long hours, stressful experiences, and an intense workload. One of the most important parts of the intention letter is to express the passion for medicine and insight into the field. Your statement will be the strength of your application, so spend sufficient time and effort writing it. In addition to passion, display your enthusiasm for the subject, your command of the English academic language, and explain why you want to study in Turkey. you can ask for the help of our advisor for more information about the intention letter
- When it comes to a recommendation letter, you should choose your teacher carefully and follow up on them to send the email as soon as possible.
Submitting late applications.
It is essential to understand the way Foundation Universities in Turkey accept their international student to avoid Submitting a late application.
- Each university in Turkey (Public and Foundation) has a specific quota for each program, which they cannot exceed at any time.
- For public universities, they collect the application in the admission period, and they select the candidates within the approved quota on a coemption basis in one go.
- For Private Universities, they accept the student if they meet the admission requirements based on first acceptance, though it is essential to apply and get the acceptance as early as you can to avoid the fulfillment of the quota at the requested university.
Every year the Turkish Medical schools start accepting medical school applications on or around Jan 15th,
Comparing and looking for cheap programs.
Many students or parents start to think smart and looking for the best university with the lowest price. We always advise students and parents not to fall in the trap of comparing and looking for the cheapest colleges. We recommend the students select a medical school within the budget and then select the city within the budget. the portal education will make it as never as easy to compare and select the university cost-wise, city wise or ranking wise
With MEDU, all of your fantasies of walking the halls of a top-ranked and prestigious school in Turkey, where so many esteemed international alumni had walked before you will become true.
Medicine Schools in Turkey
|ANKARA YILDIRIM BEYAZIT UNIVERSITY||ALTINBAS UNIVERSITY|
|ADIYAMAN UNIVERSITY||ATILIM UNIVERSITY|
|AFYONKARAHISAR HEALTH SCIENCES UNIVERSITY||BAHCESEHIR UNIVERSITY|
|AGRI IBRAHIM CECEN UNIVERSITY||BASKENT UNIVERSITY|
|AKDENIZ UNIVERSITY||BEYKENT UNIVERSITY|
|AKSARAY UNIVERSITY||BEZMI ALEM FOUNDATION UNIVERSITY|
|ALANYA ALAADDIN KEYKUBAT UNIVERSITY||DEMIROGLU SCIENCE UNIVERSITY|
|AMASYA UNIVERSITY||HALIC UNIVERSITY|
|ANKARA UNIVERSITY||ISTANBUL AYDIN UNIVERSITY|
|ATATURK UNIVERSITY||ISTANBUL MEDIPOL UNIVERSITY|
|BALIKESIR UNIVERSITY||ISTANBUL OKAN UNIVERSITY|
|BOLU ABANT IZZET BAYSAL UNIVERSITY||ISTANBUL YENI YUZYIL UNIVERSITY|
|BURSA ULUDAG UNIVERSITY||ISTINYE UNIVERSITY|
|CANAKKALE ONSEKIZ MART UNIVERSITY||IZMIR UNIVERSITY OF ECONOMICS|
|CUKUROVA UNIVERSITY||KOC UNIVERSITY|
|DICLE UNIVERSITY||KTO KARATAY UNIVERSITY|
|DOKUZ EYLUL UNIVERSITY||LOKMAN HEKIM UNIVERSITY|
|DUZCE UNIVERSITY||MALTEPE UNIVERSITY|
|EGE UNIVERSITY||SANKO UNIVERSITY|
|ERCIYES UNIVERSITY||TOBB UNIVERSITY OF ECONOMICS AND TECHNOLOGY|
|ERZINCAN BINALI YILDIRIM UNIVERSITY||UFUK UNIVERSITY|
|ESKISEHIR OSMANGAZI UNIVERSITY||UNIVERSITY OF HIGHER SPECIALIZATION|
|FIRAT UNIVERSITY||USKUDAR UNIVERSITY|
|GAZI UNIVERSITY||YEDITEPE UNIVERSITY|
|GAZIANTEP UNIVERSITY||BIRUNI UNIVERSITY|
|GIRESUN UNIVERSITY||ACIBADEM MEHMET ALİ AYDINLAR ÜNİVERSİTESİ|
|HACETTEPE UNIVERSITY||SÜLEYMAN DEMİREL ÜNİVERSİTESİ|
|HARRAN UNIVERSITY||ANKARA MEDIPOL UNIVERSITY|
|HITIT UNIVERSITY||ISTANBUL ATLAS UNIVERSITY|
|INONU UNIVERSITY||TINAZTEPE UNIVERSITY|
|ISTANBUL MEDENIYET UNIVERSITY||YUKSEK IHTISAS UNIVERSITY|
|IZMIR BAKIRCAY UNIVERSITY|
|IZMIR DEMOCRACY UNIVERSITY|
|IZMIR KATIP CELEBI UNIVERSITY|
|KAHRAMANMARAS SUTCU IMAM UNIVERSITY|
|KARADENIZ TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY|
|KARAMANOGLU MEHMETBEY UNIVERSITY|
|KIRSEHIR AHI EVRAN UNIVERSITY|
|KUTAHYA HEALTH SCIENCES UNIVERSITY|
|MANISA CELAL BAYAR UNIVERSITY|
|MUGLA SITKI KOCMAN UNIVERSITY|
|NIGDE OMER HALISDEMIR UNIVERSITY|
|ONDOKUZ MAYIS UNIVERSITY|
|RECEP TAYYIP ERDOGAN UNIVERSITY|
|SIVAS CUMHURIYET UNIVERSITY|
|TEKIRDAG NAMIK KEMAL UNIVERSITY|
|TOKAT GAZIOSMANPASA UNIVERSITY|
|VAN YUZUNCU YIL UNIVERSITY|
|YOZGAT BOZOK UNIVERSITY|
|ZONGULDAK BULENT ECEVIT UNIVERSITY|
|AYDIN ADNAN MENDERES UNIVERSITY|